Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The learning never stops.

It's 1 am here in Fayetteville. Wayne and I went to bed with a renewed sense of love for each other and snuggled up tightly at 10:30. Can I just say for a moment how much I love my husband? Being one with someone is just incredible..... he and I are about as different as they come, but when it comes down to it it's amazing to know we not only know each other better than anyone in the world but believe in each other more than anyone in the world and are better equipped to handle each other than anyone in the world. I just love him so much, he is such a blessing in my life. We learned a lesson I'll never forget tonight--- that ultimately, and no matter how hard it is, our "team" is the focus of this little family. We can't stop running the race just because we're tired. We have to be able to depend on each other. Consider us battle buddies.... it's often us against the world!

I was awakened with desperately awful contractions at 11 and haven't been able to go back to bed since. To top it off, as I was getting off the toilet a few minutes ago, I was pleasantly surprised by a large, stringy, mucousy mess running down my leg and scaring the crap out of me (yes, I am still nervous about my water breaking!)-- that's right folks, the rest of my mucous plug. (if you've never been pregnant, reading my blog is probably making you wonder if you ever should. It is a pretty ghastly experience at times and I'm the first to tell you it's possible to love the result and LOATHE the experience.)

So yay. What I love about labor is....there is really so little anyone can tell you about your own, they are all different. And that though there are volumes of information available to you out there, knowing ALL Of it wont make a single difference in the way you experience yours-- no matter how informed you are your labor will still both SUCK completely and be totally amazing. What a wierd thing. No wonder the Word says we are sanctified by childbirth.

Well, I'm going to go back to looking up bacterial infections in OBGYN journals and reading up on what the term "white privilege" means (I've just discovered it in a ravelry thread on the public school systems) and pray that these bad boys ease to a low roar so I can go back to sleep.

I can't remember the last time sleep sounded so sweet to me... and to think I'm not going to have any for months to come. At least I've got my man and my little bean. It's us against the world. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about you. :) Hope to hear Ishod is here pretty soon! Warmest best wishes to you and Wayne and Annika.

    Love, the Procrastinatrix (from Ravelry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. barbie--thanks for the update! still praying for you, and i'm sorry i missed your call! you said it--no one can tell you what your labor is going to be like!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...