Saturday, November 10, 2007

knitting for comfort

knitting for comfort I'm loving these baby legwarmers I've made up. The first one is nearly done and they look so cute on her fat little legs. I pause between rib stitches to contract and I sit in my favorite chair... thinking there is nothing in the world more wonderful than knitting on a cold day for my family. :)

It took 24 hours for Wayne to come around to talking to me, but I'm so glad he did. We had an incredible talk and we were able to hit the core issues at the heart of why there was such a strong reaction to something so meaningless. Once we had hashed out our situation, I realized just how deeply the WAY I look to my husband affects him.... right down to his sense of confidence. The root was a faith issue, but it was incredible to see how much my own reactions to his faith issue were causing him heartache and anxiety.

I explained to him my view of protection: why HE needs authority over him just as much as I need authority over me, and the cycle of protection that God affords each of us. I explained that I believed that just as we wives have never married a man we find nothing wrong with (we're all sinners!) , he as a husband would never find a church to submit to that he would find nothing wrong with. But if we operate within the appropriate structures, we ARE protected. Which is what this whole crisis was all about. how amazing that all week God was preparing me to understand this exact system of protection that he provides, and all this so that at my husband's most vulnerable moment, I would be prepared to share it with him. God is so good.

I know I'm being kind of vague, but suffice to say that, as expected, taking the route of biblical submission in this case really enabled him to open up to me and share intimately the turmoil in his soul, which God had prepared me to bring healing for! God is soooooo amazing.

Anyways. Still no more than 12 mins apart. This is starting to just be... life. I'm going to the doc's again on Monday am. They wont induce me before my due date, but maybe they can help somehow. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...