Tuesday, August 7, 2007

No time for tea

I have only a few seconds but I wanted to update on the situation with my next door neighbor!
Not only she but her twelve year old daughter have given their hearts to the Lord!!! On SUnday morning they came by and asked for directions to Britt's church, which we happily gave them.
They even attended a baptism at the beach afterwards!
Then yesterday she and her son came over to talk and she shared that she didn't think God was answering her prayers. Her prayer is for her husband to come to know Jesus and to turn his heart to their family.
I was able to share with her just how much God is active in our lives, even when we don't think He hears us...it was awesome! I gave her some books to read and prayed with her and I'm just really excited about the direction her life is taking.
I was especially blown away when she shared that she was Catholic. I asked her about her personal prayer life and she said she would pray to Our Lady of Guadalupe and to all of her angels, and then read the psalms. Thank God I was able to share with her my own personal experiences with regards to praying to Mary or Angels!!
It was such an honor to be able to share with her the importance of getting into the Word and she was totally encouraged by our conversation. I felt like I was able to apply all the lessons I've been learning and it was soo cool. Every time I didn't know what else to say, the Holy Spirit would just come over me and speak to her... it was amazing.
Later that night she brought me a vase full of beautiful flowers and a toy for Annika to say thanks. Wow!

What else? Oh, yeah... the first part of my knitpicks shipment came today and I cannot be more pleased with it:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It arrived just in time, too. I spent from 6:30 am to 10 am this morning cleaning out the garage for the big garage sale, and I was burnt out and exhausted... what a good surprise and a great reward!

This lace is 100 percent merino wool and soooooo soft. I'm going to use it to make the touring wrap from the LYS Tour.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The other lace is baby alpaca / silk. and soooo beautiful!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That's it for now. I keep wondering what on earth I'm going to do with myself when all this moving stuff is over, I imagine I'll get quite bored... I can't believe how busy I've been!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...