Saturday, August 4, 2007

First sock!

First sock is finished!!!! It's super duper cute, and I love it!!! The toe seams were not as hard to do as I had anticipated but when I looped the yarn around at the last stitch to bind off I made a miniscule bump. You can't see it or feel it, thank God, but it made me frustrated that I did it! Anyways, I finished it last night while chatting with Wayne and literally jumped for joy, elated. Wayne had me model it around the house and was certifiably impressed that I was able to make out of the club foot a sock that actually looked like a sock, that was comfy at that. After I was racing around the house taking pics of it he actually went: "OK, well don't walk all over the kitchen tile with it, you'll get it dirty and it will get ruined!"

Haaha! W00t!

Anyways: tada! My first sock:


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


I also completed last night a teeny bookbag I was making for my mamma, who is a teacher. She needs cute things like this:


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


That's it! Wayne and I are having the most spectacular weekend and are totally in love and amazed at life. We are doing house church again today so I'm looking forward to just spending a fabulous Sunday with my family. My brother got moved to Ft Benning this week til October, so his new wife Jess is going to be alone for a while. I'd like to have her over for dinner, but I dont think she'll want to make the drive alone.
I'm going to try to go into town twice next week to spend some time with her, but I'm sure she would appreciate the prayers for a safe and productive solitude, which is her first as an army wife.

Thats it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...