Monday, November 8, 2010

Mama Mondays: The Love of a Husband

My sweet husband just posted this on my facebook page and I wanted to share it with you. It reminds me that even in the midst of "life" there is hope for union and a blessed grace that comes with matrimony that no other relationship, no matter how long lasting or "serious" they may be, can enjoy-- the particular graces that come with Holy Matrimony inundate the relationship at times, overpowering us in our necessity. At other times, they sneak up on us, their fluidity and ability to arrive just when needed is amazing to me. When he posted this on my wall, I was just thinking that I didn't understand him as well as I would like-- that I needed to be a better listener, to inspire him more. And here it is, proof that love is what happens when you least expect it, when you have truly sought to humble yourself for love of the other:
"There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends." - Homer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...