Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Well

I've been blue, dealing with dying to my lofty aspirations of being some great force in the Kingdom with my pastor husband and my eight kids. (turns out wayne has asked me to take BC. I'm super opposed to it, and incredibly heartbroken, but I'm going to do it anyways because I want to obey him.)

Wayne came in to the room last night while I was sleeping and gave me a deep, delicious kiss, and said: "Life is what happens while you're waiting for life to happen. You need to learn that." I loved him so much in that moment, because that's what I needed to remember. The word says in Mark, I think, that when salt loses it's flavor, it becomes useless and needs to be thrown out. I've lost my flavor to him, but I haven't lost my preservative function. I'm bland salt. Bleh. Some salt of the world.

If your husband wants you to love him where he's at, sisters, and you refuse him that, you are missing out on the one chance to MAKE that mark in him that could forever change his life. Love him. Respect him. Give him, in this season, what he needs from you to not just survive, but thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...