Monday, January 14, 2008

The day Blog died.

The day blog died

Well, Wayne and I have decided to make some serious changes in our internet usage, since it appears that Satan really can use just about anything to get at people, and while persecution is fun and all and we can't believe Christ counts us worthy, um, we don't want to invite it, you know?

A social worker has just left our home. She appeared on our doorstep, summoned there by some irked poster in Ravelry who thought it would be cute to play at attempting to destroy families who love each other with all they've got. The social worker was incredibly kind and understanding. I was blessed by the fact that she praised our "consistent parenting skills." And she went on her way after (of course, I don't blame her, this is her job) but violating the privacy of our home by checking our child for bruises and marks, looking at where they sleep, etc. Praise God He is our deliverer in times of trouble, and that by obeying Him and being honest, the good can prevail. But what a nerve wracking hour!!

Needless to say, as she held in her lap a huge pack of printed copy from my blog with things circled and highlighted, I realized that though I'd love to be the mouthpiece for biblical living to the myspace world, it comes with a price. From this day on, I will not be posting about my family. But I refuse to stop. No one will scare me from living for Christ... and I will do it no matter the cost.

Wayne and I have agreed that I am not to post anymore in ravelry forums either. The world is hard enough without having to worry about this kind of garbage. Please pray that this ordeal would somehow bring the person who did this to Jesus. Please pray for us and the kids.

10 comments:

  1. Barbie, please check your ravelry private messages. I'd like to stay in contact. Daybreak

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss your voice in the BID discussions, but I totally understand why you've made the decision to leave. I wish you the best of luck and happiness.

    ~KnittingPirate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry this happened, I still would like to hear about ya'll's adventures, you can keep up with me on my blog, and if you pm me with your email in ravelry, i can invite you to robby's super secret blog. I'm glad everything turned out ok, and I hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry sweetie. That was a horrible thing for someone to do. I will very much miss your posts about your family and your voice in BID :( God be with you and your family and may He bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack, that can't have been pleasant - my sympathies.

    Of course, you must do what's best for you and your family but I wanted to say that I'll also miss you on BID. I know that we disagreed on most things but I always found it fascinating to hear your views on things.

    BTW, I PM'ed you on Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just awful. I'm so sorry that something like this has happened to you.
    -AmyH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm speechless. I've not been reading the BID forum much lately but I enjoy reading your blog. You're pretty much the same age as me but our lives are polar opposites yet I respect your choices.

    There are so many unloving parents (of all beliefs, nationalities, etc) who harm their children in anger and neglect - I'm furious that you have been confused with these people! While your methods might be hard for some people to understand, if all people gave as much thought, time and love to their children as you do there wouldn't be a need for social services. No one could ever question your motivation.

    I'll miss reading about your family, you write intelligently and interestingly.

    TheWilk
    (p.s. sorry if my username offends you - I'll understand if you don't want this post published).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbie,

    We'll miss your voice in BID. We may not always agree, but you are always well-spoken and give another side to life in the discussions. Stay strong for your family, and hopefully one day you can return to posting about life and issues with us!

    *Big hug*

    flashalee aka: Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbie--
    I'm really sorry to hear that you won't be posting any longer. What happened is really awful, and I think I gotta agree with TheWilk 100% here. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry that this happened to you - you were always so respectful to everyone on BID, regardless of their beliefs, and it made me listen to your views, even if I didn't agree. I'm very sorry to see you leave the forums, and I wish you and your family well.

    -loranger329

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...