Friday, October 26, 2007

Fall into fall

There's a ghost in the house!

Wayne is forever gliding back and forth in the hallway when I'm in the living room like the grim reaper.
It makes me laugh so hard I always manage to drop stitches or lose my place in my knitting-- argh.

I finally caught him on film:


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Hehe.

Anyways, we had our first heavy rain today. It was so refreshing to wake up to the pitter patter of raindrops on our roof... and Annika must have thought so too because she woke up at 5 am with me just to enjoy the weird air.

Wayne took her out to experience rain. It was too cute to watch them...

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


and then, of course, we all came inside and wrapped up in blankets:


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Thank God we've got a ton of those! :P

Anyways, I let Annika watch WAY too many Veggie Tales yesterday because I was caught between the phone dealing with Wayne's mom's stuff and trying desperately to clean my own house and get my stuff in order. So I noticed that it made her super weird and cranky by evening-- in fact, I dont think she slept well BECAUSE she had so much TV time yesterday. I wont be making that mistake again any time soon.

Today she and I cuddled on the couch and read some books most of the morning-- that was so nice and a fabulous change from having to get up and DO stuff... I think I needed the rest. The wind and rain are slowly stopping, but I've really enjoyed this Fallish morning.

Here in North Carolina, the Fall is amazing. Trees change to these deep reds and auburns. The air goes from stifling to crisp and interesting. The bugs go into hiding and instead you can enjoy long walks and clean smelling air. I love it.

I love all the seasons, but every time they change I'm reminded how each one is incredible and different and exciting. Soon it will be Halloween and then Thanksgiving, which I am really looking forward to. Little Ishod will be welcomed into the world during the holidays, which makes me excited for him-- the holidays are so much fun and such a good family time to be together and enjoy each other.

I was talking with Wayne's dad last night on the phone and was recounting the conversation to Wayne this morning when I realized I had tears in my eyes. He has been so kind to us and I see in him how proud he is of his son and his son's family-- it is just such a blessing to know that we are a blessing to him. I told Wayne just how awesome it is to have a father who loves him so much. Of course, he's far from perfect, but aren't we all? Wayne just smiled and said: he's your dad too and he loves you that much.
It was nice to recognize that God's ways work... that our "slice of heaven" was greatly due to the fact that we had inherited a blessing and not a curse. Awesome.

Anyways, I'm off to make Annika's little lunch (she eats the cutest lunches... all colorful and full of variety and they all have interesting textures to keep her learning... it's so fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...