Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Comfort

I love it when God speaks to my heart...especially in scripture.
I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland outside my window-- just miles upon miles of snow covered ground. Everything looks magical and amazing and hopeful under the snow. And yet-- today is a dark day for America.

Feeling a little blue about the inauguration, I thought, well, I'll just bring it to the Lord, got out my prayer book, and started to pray the Liturgy of the Hours.

This morning, my jaw dropped.

The first psalm (Psalm 43) we read was this:

Antiphon: Lord, send forth your light and your truth.

Defend me, O God, and plead my cause against a godless nation. From deceitful and cunning men, rescue me, O God.

Since you, O God, are my stronghold why have you rejected me? Why do I go mourning oppressed by the foe?

O send forth your light and your truth; let these be my guide. Let them bring me to your holy mountain to the place where you dwell.

And I will come to the altar of God, the God of my joy. My redeemer, I will thank you on the harp, O God, my God.

Why are you cast down, my soul, why groan within me? Hope in God; I will praise him still, my savior and my God.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.

I love His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...