Sunday, June 9, 2013

Using Our Island Story with Connecting with History


For those of you using Ambleside Online or Mater Amabilis and who want to use the amazing book Our Island Story in conjunction with the Connecting With History program, I've separated the chapters of the book down into CWH's Units using a timeline for the chapters I found on Ambleside's website as well as the list of England's rulers in the index of the book. I have gone over it twice, but I haven't been sleeping much so I may have to come back and edit this again. For now, anyways, it looks accurate to me. If you find an error, please let me know!

Hopefully this helps someone else out there who was feeling as conflicted as I have been about dropping OIS in order to use Connecting With History because it was just "too much reading." ;)

CWH Volume I
Unit 1: Chapter 1
Unit 10: Chapter 2

CWH Volume II
Unit 1: Chapter 3
Unit 3: Chapters 4-5
Unit 4: Chapter 6
Unit 5: Chapters 7-11
Unit 6: Chapters 12-14
Unit 7: Chapters 15-20

CWH Volume III
Unit 2: Chapters 21-36
Unit 3: Chapters 37-42
Unit 4: Chapters 43-51
Unit 5: Chapters 52-61
Units 6 & 7: Chapters 62-73
Unit 8 parts 1 & 2 : Chapters 74-88

CWH Volume IV has not been released yet, and so I cannot do the rest of the book until it is.
Chapters 89-110 will be used in Volume IV, and those dates are from 1702-1952.
If I remember, I will update this when it comes out (help me to remember if I forget... otherwise you will have to wait two years til I am thinking about how we are going to use Volume IV in our own homeschool.)

Below is a PDF of the above schedule, and also a PDF chronological list of saints to use in your History study (for biographies, saint study during catechism, etc.)



and

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...