Sunday, June 16, 2013

Habit building

I wanted to share this wonderful resource. It's a blog written by a friend of mine, and while the entire thing is a priceless treasure, this particular post will be of interest to so many Charlotte Mason educators. It talks about the spiritual side of habit training, and I think you will be blessed.

Supposedly it takes 21 days to form a new habit, although I believe this is a myth.  However long it takes, we all know it takes repetition.  We all have bad habits, and hopefully we all have some good ones, too, like brushing our teeth.
It’s been brought to my attention through various sources that I have a tendency to be critical and opinionated.  I tell myself, “don’t be critical, don’t be critical, don’t be critical.”  It seems the more I try to NOT be critical and opinionated, the more I find myself slipping into that place.  Why is that?  The Bible gives us the answer in the book of Romans (ch. 7).... Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...