Friday, March 22, 2013

Review: On the Shores of the Great Sea

On the Shores of the Great SeaOn the Shores of the Great Sea by M.B. Synge

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I substituted this book-- which is the first in a series of five world history books-- for some other recommended history spines in both AO and CWH for our little homeschool. It could be categorized as a living history book.

We LOVE it!

The kids look forward to reading it every week (they are 6 and 5) and I am finding it so good I don't want to put it down.
Mostly dealing with the history of the peoples around the Mediterranean, this work tells ancient history in a way that is both fascinating and inspiring.... just by reading and narrating my kids and I are retaining historical facts and figures, inspired to learn more, and enjoying lots of historical play and conversation.

Highly recommend the entire series. This book says it is for ages 9 & up, but children who have been exposed to good literature from the beginning will have no problems understanding it, even at a very young age.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...