Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saints on Saturdays- Saint Josemaría Escriva

In case you hadn't noticed, he's my favorite saint. :P

From time to time, I think.... it's best to just let him speak for himself.
I can't watch these videos of him without crying. To me, his face is illuminated with Love. And because Love is God, he has become One with God. And that oneness makes me see the face of Jesus in his face, in his gestures, in his laugh, in his words. It's like looking at Jesus' little brother and recognizing Christ Himself in his features. I can't explain it. I just.... love him.
Josemaria untangled my confusion from my difficult Carmelite formation. He taught me how to pray. He taught me how to work. He taught me how to love God, love others, love my Blessed Mother.
He taught me how to suffer. He taught me how to hope. He taught me how to free myself from the bonds of hypocrisy and sinfulness.... really, for the first time in my Christian walk. When I recently experienced a very difficult trial and temptation, he lifted me high above the noise and confusion and passion and showed me the path of peace. He has made me honest with myself and with God.

There is nothing I can really say that will explain it.... so..... here he is.











And this..... this is the way to freedom. THIS RIGHT HERE.


To learn more about Josemaria, please visit http://www.josemariaescriva.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...