Monday, May 3, 2010

A Heavenly moment


As I was leaving the kids' nursery tonight Jardi asked me to tuck her in for the zillionth time and I told her, "Nope. We've already said goodnight and now I am leaving. I'm not in charge anymore so you'll have to figure out how to put yourself to sleep like a big girl."
Her eyes got as round as saucers and then she laughed. "Noooo, mommy, she said. You ARE in charge of me still because you are a grownup and Im just a kid. You DO know how to help me calm down. You know how to do everything!"
Then she kissed me goodnight and snuggled under her covers. I left the room in wonder and awe with tears in my eyes.
Would that I might have such total confidence in my own Heavenly Parent.

Jardi has always been my Mary bean. How appropriate, then, that I might find in her an example of the amount of trust I can put in the Mother Jesus gave me to train me up in following Him!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iTouch, forgive any mistakes :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...