Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Magic Kingdom

I was doing a guided meditation with my eldest tonight as I have been for the past week because she has been having such a hard time relaxing enough to go to sleep with the Binky Fairy's removal of her binkies. (:P)
In the meditation, she closes her eyes and listens as I take her through the Magic Kingdom, telling her about the sights and sounds and ending with the trek up the hill to the castle. I describe the exterior of the castle, the long, colorful flags hanging from the windows, and the princesses in the windows beckoning her to come in. It helps that some friends of ours are there right now, making it twice as interesting.
At the end I have her in the middle of the castle courtyard and she looks up and sees this big cloud, and Jesus is on it and he tells her that this is His kingdom and it is in heaven waiting for her.
Anyways, for the past two nights she has called this use of her imagination her "eye TV" and asks me to turn on her eye TV to help her go to sleep, which I do right before I pray a rosary in their room. (Baptists everywhere are shaking in their boots! Just kidding. SOrta.)
Anyways, so tonight she stops me mid-meditation and tells me she sees me in the castle on her Eye TV.
I tell her that yes, I'm one of the princesses in the castle. But she says "No, mommy!!" As if its the most obvious thing in the world..."You are there cleaning the castle."
HA! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...