Monday, July 13, 2009

A REAL doctor!

So there I was, blue gloves on, armed with two tongue depressors and two little specimen containers, scraping wet poop off my baby's backside to put into the jars and send off to the lab for tests. I have to admit, I felt very "official" with all of these tools at my disposal... being a cloth diapering parent, I'm more than accustomed to spending some serious one-on-one time with my kid's poop.

In comes Annika, happily skipping, and when she saw me, stopped completely in her tracks and stood perfectly still, eyes popping out of her head and gleeful grin on her face.

"WOW, MOMMY!" She exclaimed in wonder. "YOU GROWED UP! You're a REAL doctor! Good job, mommy!"

These kids. They are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...